To reset an LG dryer:
- Unplug the dryer from the power source.
- By keeping the dryer off, press the Start/Pause button for five seconds.
- Plug it back into the power source and run a test cycle.
If that does not work out, check for any error codes that may appear on the display panel of your dryer.
If you are unsure of the whereabouts, simply turn off the dryer and try restarting it after 30 minutes or so and see if that helps.
- Resetting the dryer clears technical or programming errors.
- Resetting the control board and sensors refreshes the programming.
- If resetting doesn’t work out simply contact a certified service professional or the dryer manufacturer as the problem might be with the dryer itself.
- Check for any error code that may appear on the display panel of your dryer.
- Read the user manual carefully to see if there is a better way to get rid of error codes.
Why and when should you reset a dryer?
You should use the reset button to get rid of any error codes or other technical problems that may have come up for no clear reason.
If your dryer isn’t starting, responding to your input, or experiencing other issues, then you should try resetting it as a first step.
These glitches can be caused by temporary issues due to programming errors.
These programming errors can happen anytime during the operation. It can be either at the start, mid-cycle, or close to the end of the cycle.
Such errors won’t allow you to run the dryer and won’t even show any error code.
Also, at times, the display panel may freeze and refuse to move to the next step.
Whenever you notice a lag within the control panel, try the reset option.
Having said that, there are certain types of error codes that may require you to deal with them differently. Thus, read the user manual carefully to see if there is a better way to get rid of error codes.
With that said, do not use the reset option all the time or unnecessarily.
This option should be used in situations where you do not have any clue about the ongoing issue.
Especially for the issues related to the control panel’s internal communication among the switches and sensors.
Another reason to reset your dryer is when you’re trying to troubleshoot a problem.
How to reset an LG dryer?
If your LG dryer doesn’t seem to be working properly, you may need to reset it.
Here are 3 ways to reset an LG dryer.
1. Restart the Dryer
As a first step, you can simply restart the dryer and see if that helps.
To do this, turn off the dryer and unplug it from the power source.
Allow 30 seconds before reconnecting the dryer’s power cord to the wall.
Next, try running the regular dry cycle.
Most dryers and washers can be reset by following the above steps.
If the above step does not work or if the dryer runs and then stops again, you may proceed with the next step.
2. Reset Button
Most dryers and washers now come with a reset button near the control panel.
You can try pressing the reset button while the dryer is “ON”.
Finally, unplug the dryer from the power source and restart it after a minute and see if that helps.
3. Without a reset button
Another way to reset your LG dryer is to simply unplug it from the power source.
Wait for 30 seconds and press the Start/Pause button for five seconds.
Finally, plug in the dryer and run a test cycle; this should resolve the problem.
4. Contact for help
If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact a certified service professional or the dryer manufacturer, as the problem might be with the dryer itself.
Simply contact the manufacturer’s helpline number for assistance.
Additionally, you can also seek help from a local appliance repair professional.
If you’re unsure about how to properly complete a task, do not attempt it as you may cause permanent damage to the machine.
In most cases, restarting or resetting your LG dryer is all you need to do to fix common problems.
However, if the problem persists or you’re not sure about how to go about it, always seek professional help as you may end up damaging your dryer.
Most modern-day dryers do have a reset button, but if your model doesn’t have one, you can still reset it by unplugging it from power followed by pressing the start/pause button for approx. 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
You can also refer to the user manual of your dryer type and model to check if there is anything additional you can do to reset your dryer.
If all of the above steps fail, you may need to contact the manufacturer or a certified appliance repair professional, as the problem might be with something else.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all dryers have a reset button?
No, reset buttons are available on limited dryer models. To know how to reset your dryer simply refer to its user manual.
Can you factory reset a dryer?
Most modern-day dryers typically have a reset button on the control panel. You can reset the dryer by simply pressing this button. If your model doesn’t have a reset button, you can still reset it by unplugging it from power and then pressing the start/pause button for 5 seconds followed by plugging it back in.
Where can I find the LG dryer’s reset button?
Most LG dryers have the Power/Pause button located behind the display panel. These buttons are used to reset the dryer manually.
How do I know if my dryer needs to be reset?
If your dryer isn’t working properly, it may need to be reset. To know how to reset your dryer, simply refer to the user manual of your model or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
You May Also Like
- Dryer blows cold air? Do this now
- Why does the dryer shake or wobble? (Answered)
- Are Dryer Pedestals universal?
- How to replace the drum rollers in a dryer?
- How do you replace the felt seal in a dryer?
- How to replace dryer drum bearing? (Easy way)
- Dryer making scraping or grinding noise? (Possible Causes)
- Why won’t the Dryer Door stay Shut?
- How to replace drum glides on dryer?
- How to replace the dryer drum?
- How to Replace the Idler Pulley in a Dryer?
- How to replace the dryer drive motor?
- How to Replace the Control Board in a Dryer?
- How to replace a dryer door latch?
- How to replace the timer in a dryer?
- How to Replace Gas Valve in a Gas Dryer?
- How to replace the flame sensor in a dryer?
- How to replace the moisture sensors in a dryer?
- How to replace the drive belt in a dryer?
- How to replace the Thermostat in a Dryer? (In-depth guide)
- How to replace a thermal fuse on a dryer?
- How To Replace a Dryer Blower Wheel?
- How To Replace Dryer Heating Element? (Step-by-Step)
- How to replace the Igniter in a Gas Dryer?