When it comes to buying second-hand clothing, Plato’s Closet is a great place to shop.
Not only do they have a great selection, but they’re also very particular about the condition of the clothing they buy and sell.
Platos Closet does not wash the clothes before selling them to the customers. Therefore, it’s recommended to wash them right after you buy one for yourself. This is to ensure that you’re getting the cleanest possible clothes.
Even though Plato’s Closet does not wash the clothes after buying them from the first owner, they do ensure that the quality of the clothes is still good and wearable right after they’re sold to the second owner.
- Clothes sold by Plato’s Closet are not washed before selling.
- They do have a quality-checking process that ensures that the clothes are wearable right off the bat.
- If you are a seller, you will get a good price for your old clothes once they meet the quality standards.
- If you are a buyer, you get good quality clothes at a fraction of the original cost.
- For peace of mind and to put a checkmark on the hygiene part, it is advised to disinfect the clothing before wearing it.
What is Plato’s Closet and what do they sell?
Plato’s Closet is a franchise of second-hand clothing stores that sells clothes for teenagers and young adults.
The clothes being sold are usually trendy and in good condition.
These stores purchase clothing from individuals looking to sell their used clothing and later resell it to customers at a substantial discount.
You can locate the nearest Plato’s Closet on their official store locator page.
Pros and cons of shopping at Plato’s Closet
Buying second-hand clothes from Plato’s closet is a good way to contribute toward green living as you are buying recycled clothes.
Also, the clothes sold here are of good quality and cheaper than what you would find in regular stores.
With that said, there are some pros and cons of buying clothes from Plato’s closet that can’t be ignored.
The pros of buying clothes from Plato’s Closet
- The clothes are usually trendy and in good condition.
- You can find clothes at a fraction of the original cost.
- It’s a great way to save money on clothes.
- If you are a seller, you can monetize your old clothes by selling them to a second-hand clothes dealer instead of throwing them away.
The cons of buying clothes from Plato’s Closet
- The clothes have been worn before, so they may not be as clean as you would like.
- You may not be able to find the exact size or style you’re looking for.
- Plato’s Closet does not wash the clothes before selling them, so hygiene may be an issue.
- Clothes may be outdated and out of fashion.
- If you are a seller, you may not get the right value.
What does Plato’s closet do with unsold inventories?
Business models dealing in second-hand clothing do not discard or throw away the clothes. Instead, they offer major discounts in order to persuade customers to buy them.
If the discount trick does not work, donating to charities is the last resort for some stores.
This way, they can also get tax benefits.
For individuals who have a tight budget, shopping at Plato’s Closet is a great way to find trendy clothes at a fraction of the original cost.
The clothes are usually in good condition, but they may not be as clean as you would like since the store does not wash them before selling.
If you are a seller, you can get rid of your old clothes by selling them to these second-hand clothes dealers.
Just keep in mind that you may not get the same value as you would if you sold them directly to an individual.
Lastly, wash and sanitize the clothes before you wear them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you return items to Plato’s closet?
Plato’s Closet offers a full refund on any apparel within seven days as long as the tags are attached along with the original receipt. However, they do not offer refunds on clearance items or accessories such as handbags, shoes, leggings, camis, etc.
Does Plato’s Closet take children’s clothes?
Yes, they accept children’s clothing, shoes, toys, baby gear, and clothing accessories and pay cash post-checking for quality.
Does Plato’s Closet take high heels?
Yes, Plato’s Closet pays cash for high heels, athletic shoes, flats, sandals, wedges, boots, etc. as long as they meet their quality standards.
How much does Plato pay for jeans?
In general, you can expect to get approximately 30% to 40% of what Plato will make on the sale.
You May Also Like
- Does Savers wash their clothes before selling? (Answered)
- Should You Wash Spot Clean Only Fabrics Or Clothes? (Explained)
- Can North Face Jackets be washed in the washing machine?
- Do washing machine lint catchers work? (Hair & fur catcher)
- Can you wash mesh shoes in a washing machine?
- What is a FoldiMate in Laundry? (Benefits & Drawbacks)
- Five Stages Of Laundry Process (Explained)
- Laundry Bags: 11 Commonly Asked Questions Answered
- Laundry Pods: 12 Answers you should know
- How to remove shoe polish stains from clothes?
- How To Remove Turmeric Stains from Clothes?
- How to Remove Fabric Pills from Clothes Safely?