In layman’s language, Sanitation is the process of keeping things clean.
When sanitation isn’t practiced, germs, viruses, and other impurities can build up and cause illnesses.
To keep your home clean sanitation is a must.
Laundry sanitizers are the most common form of sanitation used to sanitize clothes and linens.
Most people use a liquid laundry sanitizer in their washing machine, but some still use powdered laundry sanitizers especially when they don’t have access to it.
Both types of laundry sanitizer work the same way. They kill germs and other impurities in your clothing so that you don’t get sick.
In this article, we will discuss how to use Lysol laundry sanitizer additive correctly.
Here’s what this article covers.
- Info about Lysol Laundry Sanitizer
- Active Ingredient in Lysol laundry sanitizer
- Does Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Work?
- Where do you put Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?
- How, Where, and When to Use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?
- Does Lysol laundry sanitizer kill yeast?
- Benefits of Lysol Laundry Detergent
- Where can you Buy Lysol Laundry Sanitizer? Where to get a Lysol laundry sanitizer coupon?
- What can you use instead of Lysol laundry sanitizer?
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does Lysol laundry sanitizer do? Little Info About Lysol Laundry Sanitizer
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is a detergent additive that kills 99.9 percent of the bacteria in the laundry. It can be used with any laundry detergent and is safe for almost all types of fabrics.
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is an easy way to sanitize your laundry and keep it smelling fresh and clean.
It is a great alternative to bleach and keeps your laundry brighter and fresher longer. Furthermore, it comes in a variety of fragrances, crisp linen being one of the most popular ones.
What is the Active Ingredient in Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?
Here are the ingredients that make Lysol Sanitizer so effective.
- Octyl Decyl Dimethyl Amillimeteronium Chloride – 0.720%
- Dioctyl Dimethyl Amillimeteronium Chloride – 0.288%
- Alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Amillimeteronium Chloride – 0.960%
- Didecyl Dimethyl Amillimeteronium Chloride – 0.432%
- Other ingredients – 97.600%
Does Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Work?
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is an additive that is said to kill 99.9% of bacteria.
It can be used in hot and cold water and is safe for all fabrics.
It helps with eliminating odors, creating a lingering fresh smell.
We have used Lysol on bedding and sportswear and have found it to be effective at getting rid of odors.
Furthermore, it is much easier on fabrics as compared to conventional bleach.
Where do you put Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?
As a best practice, it’s recommended to pour the sanitizer into the fabric softener compartment.
If your washer does not have a dedicated compartment for fabric softener, you may pour the disinfectant solution directly into the tub during the rinse cycle.
To get the best results, always add to rinse cycle and leave product in rinse cycle for 16 minutes or a little bit longer.
How, Where, and When to Use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?
Let’s be honest, over time your towels, sheets, and other laundry items can pick up germs and bacteria.
Even after a regular wash with detergents, these bacteria’s tend to survive.
This is where Lysol disinfectant can be very effective.
To disinfect your laundry, you can use this powerful laundry sanitizer with a regular wash cycle.
Follow the below steps to use the Laundry Sanitizer effectively.
- Just add a capful of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to your rinse cycle if you are using a top load washer
- And if you are using a front load washer, simply pour the Lysol Laundry Sanitizer into the fabric softener compartment.
- If your top load washer has a fabric softener compartment, you may pour the sanitizer into that, instead of pouring it manually.
- Let the rinse cycle run for approx.16 minutes
- You can also pre-soak your clothes in the sanitizer solution for extra protection. It is safe to wash gym clothes, baby clothes, and delicates. Simply pour some water into a sink or a tub and add a capful of clothes sanitizer, next mix the solution and add the clothes. Let the clothes soak for approx 15 to 16 minutes so that the sanitizer gets into the fabric.
- Once the clothes are sanitized you can run a regular wash cycle OR hand wash the clothes using a suitable detergent.
Does Lysol laundry sanitizer kill yeast?
Lysol laundry sanitizer is an effective way to kill 99.9% of bacteria, including staphylococcus aureus and klebsiella pneumoniae. It is also effective against yeast.
Benefits of Lysol Laundry Detergent
Lysol laundry disinfectant has tons of benefits, some of the well-known benefits of Lysol laundry detergent are:
- It claims to eradicate 99.9% of bacteria.
- Since it doesn’t include chlorine bleach, it makes a great replacement for standard bleach.
- It’s equally effective in cold water.
- Since it’s gentle on most fabrics, it’s safe to be used on whites, colors and darks.
- All standard and HE washing machines are compatible with it.
Where can you Buy Lysol Laundry Sanitizer? Where to get a Lysol laundry sanitizer coupon?
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer can be bought at most stores that sell laundry products. You can also find it on online platforms such as Amazon.
To find a coupon code, you can simply visit Lysol’s official website and subscribe to get the coupon code.
Once you follow this link, you will be taken to a page that looks like this.
You simply need to sign up to get the coupon.
What can you use instead of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?
If you are looking for a disinfectant to use in your laundry instead of Lysol laundry sanitizer, any product that is labeled as a disinfectant should work.
However, just do a little bit of research before buying one as not all disinfectants are the same.
Some may choose to use bleach while others may not use bleach.
So, be sure to check the care label and follow the instructions carefully once you have brought one.
If you are looking for a safer and more natural alternative to get the job done, you can use white distilled vinegar OR baking soda as a natural disinfectant.
Lysol Sanitizer keeps the laundry fresh and clean and has only gained in popularity in the last few years.
We like it because it promises and cleans the clothes without using harsh chemicals or making them smell.
The best part is, that it goes well with white and colored items.
Just be sure to read the instruction label OR care label carefully before using.
Lastly, do not reuse the bottle OR solution, it’s meant for single use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions related to Lysol that are frequently asked.
How to use Lysol laundry sanitizer in the front loader?
Using Lysol Laundry Sanitizer in a front load washer is relatively easy. Simply, Add 2 capsful of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to the fabric softener compartment and put the washer on a rinse cycle for approx.16 minutes.
Once the rinse cycle is completed your clothes should come out clean and sanitized.
Can I use Lysol laundry sanitizer on the carpet?
Yes, you may use Lysol Laundry sanitizer on the carpet. The sanitizing properties will stay the same regardless of where you pour this disinfectant, therefore you may use this product on carpets as well as on thick fabrics.
Does vinegar sanitize laundry?
Yes, vinegar can sanitize your laundry. It is a natural disinfectant and can kill germs. You can add it to your laundry detergent or use it as a pre-treatment for stains.
You May Also Like
- Can Fabric Softener be used with Carpet Cleaner? (Answered)
- How to put Fabric Softener in a Washing Machine?
- Can Front Load Detergents be used in the Top Load Washers?
- Where do you put the detergent in a Speed Queen?
- Top Load Detergent VS Front Load Detergents (Which is best?)
- High-Efficiency Laundry detergents: 11 Things Everyone should know
- How To Keep Sheets From Tangling In The Washer? (Explained)
- Five Stages Of Laundry Process (Explained)
- Laundry Bags: 11 Commonly Asked Questions Answered
- 51 Laundry Care Symbols Explained
- How to Use Dettol Liquid as a Laundry Disinfectant?