Speed queen is famous for making washing machines with larger capacities.
It not only manufactures standard top-loaders but also specializes in manufacturing front load washers and dryers.
Furthermore, it is also known for producing stacked washers and dryers.
With all that said, Where do you put the detergent in a Speed Queen Washer?
Depending on the model of your speed queen washing machine and its type you may either add the detergent directly to the washtub located inside the washer OR pour the detergent into a dedicated detergent compartment if it has one. The dispenser or detergent compartment is usually located in the top-left or the front-left corner of the top loader (below the washer’s lid).
How do I use the fabric softener in the Speed Queen Washer?
Using the regular wash cycle while using a fabric softener is always recommended, hence always set the washer to regular wash while using fabric softeners.
These fabric softeners usually come in liquid form and you will find the usage instructions on the label of the bottle.
In order to use the fabric softener simply follow the below steps.
Step 1: Add your garments to the washtub, and by following the directions pour the required quantity of the fabric softener into the fabric softener dispenser using the measuring cup.
Step 2: Add water.
Step 3: The fabric softener is dispensed through the tiny holes in the agitator, this happens while the rinse cycle is in progress and you just have to wait for the wash cycle to be complete.
Can I use Bleach in my Speed Queen washer?
Yes, you can use bleach once in a while in your speed clean washer. Having said that using bleach too frequently can increase the wear and tear of your washer. Instead, use it as a solution to clean the washer OR Extremely soiled clothes.
Bleach may come in liquid and powdered form.
So, if you are using bleach as a powder, then you can directly add it to the washtub filled with water.
Whereas, Liquid bleach can be directly added to the dispenser.
Note: Do not pour the bleach directly into your clothes.
How do I clean the soap or the detergent dispenser of the Speed Queen Washer?
Cleaning the dispensers at regular intervals is always a good practice, let us go through the cleaning process of the dispensers.
Most washers clean the dispenser when you run a clean cycle with several solutions, but in order to manually clean the dispenser, the first step is to unplug the washer (in short keep it turned off).
- Most of the dispensers are easily detachable from the washer by a press of fingers or by simply squeezing the lower part. You may refer to the Instruction manual or the user guides for detailed instructions on detaching the dispenser tray (If it’s removable).
- Apply a cleaning soap or a solution to the dispenser and leave it for about 5 minutes to settle.
- Use a soft brush to scrub the dispenser from every corner and leave it in a small tub filled with warm or water for about 10 minutes.
- You may now rinse the dispenser with clean water under a running tap and fix it back with a soft push to its location.
Also Read: Can Vinegar damage your washing machine?
It is safe to add detergents directly into the washtub of your speed queen washer.
Having said that, if there is a dedicated compartment available for detergents and fabric softeners, not sure why you may want to pour the detergent directly.
Furthermore, if your washer is a High-Efficiency variant then always use a High-Efficiency detergent, you may find the HE mark available on the detergent packs.
For more information on your laundry do visit our FAQ section.
You May Also Like
- Liquid Detergent Placement in Washing Machines (Guide)
- 3 Compartments in Washing Machine Drawer (Explained)
- Washing Machine Drawer Not Emptying? Here’s the Fix!
- Fix Your Leaking Washing Machine Drawer in 10 Minutes
- Clean Your Washing Machine Detergent Drawer in 5 Mins
- How To Replace a Washing Machine Detergent Drawer?
- Can you put bleach In Washing Machine Drawer?