Most Spirit of the Sea billabong t-shirts are labeled as machine washable. Therefore, they can be machine washed in cold water on gentle cycle settings. Just make sure to use a mild detergent while machine washing them.
With that said, you should read the care label once before washing them.
Spirit of the Sea t-shirts are usually made of cotton or a combination of cotton, polyester, and rayon.
So, they should be able to handle the machine washing process as long as the care label recommends it and the graphics are not sensitive to fading.
- Always read the care label before washing them.
- In most cases, the spirit of the sea tee’s are machine-washable.
- Turn the t-shirt inside out in order to protect the graphics.
- Use a mild suitable detergent in order to wash your t-shirt safely.
- Do not use bleach and don’t wash the tees in hot water settings.
- Do not dry your t-shirts in a dryer.
- Hand washing is considered to be the safest option as it gives more control over the washing process.
What is a Billabong Spirit of the Sea Tee?
Billabong Spirit of the Sea tees are t-shirts made of either 100% cotton or a combination of cotton, polyester, and rayon. These t-shirts come in different graphic designs that not only look great but also depict the Billabong brand.
The company is known for its quality products, and the t-shirts are no different.
Washing Your Billabong Spirit of the Sea Tee
It’s easy to wash your Billabong Spirit of the Sea t-shirt, but if the printed graphics tend to fade and chip, you’ll need to take extra care of them.
Here’s how you can wash your billabong tees safely.
Instructions to wash Billabong Spirit of the sea tee
Step 1: Read the Care Label
One of the most important things that you need to consider before washing any type of fabric is to read the care label first.
The care label will have all the information that you need to know in order to wash the t-shirt without damaging it.
Step 2: Pre-treat any stains
Once you have figured out the right approach to washing the tees, start by pre-treating the stains by either using a pre-treating solution made of mild detergent or simply using a suitable stain remover.
Note: Do not use the stain remover on the printed graphics.
Step 3: Pour mild detergent
Pour an appropriate amount of mild detergent into the detergent tray.
Step 4: Put the T-shirt in the washer
The next step is to put the t-shirt in the washer.
If you are washing multiple items together, you might be better off putting the t-shirt into the mesh bag.
This will protect the t-shirt from snagging onto other clothes and getting damaged.
Step 5: Select the right washing machine settings
Once you are done with the pre-treatment, select the right washing machine settings.
Here are the ideal washing machine settings.
- Wash type: Gentle
- Detergent Type: Mild
- Pre-wash: Not Required (As you have already pre-treated)
- Soil Level: Low Or Normal
- Water Temperature: Cold
Note: If you are not sure about the fabric or if the care label is missing or faded, it’s always better to hand wash it.
Step 6: Wash the T-shirt
Now, hit that start button and let the washer complete the wash cycle.
Step 7: Dry the T-shirt
It’s best to air-dry the t-shirt naturally.
This can be done by either hanging them on a clothesline or simply laying them flat on a drying rack.
Note: Do not put the t-shirt in the dryer as that might damage the fabric and the printed graphics.
Washing your spirit of the sea billabong tee is easy, but you do need to take a few precautions in order to protect the graphics.
Turning the t-shirt inside out and using a mild detergent might help to protect the graphics up to a certain extent.
Furthermore, you should also avoid using bleach and hot water when washing your tees.
Handwashing is the safest thing to do if you don’t understand the process or if the care label is unclear or missing.
Lastly, don’t try too hard to get rid of stubborn stains, or you’ll damage the fabric and the design.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I wash my billabong spirit of the sea tee?
The ideal washing frequency depends on how frequently you wear them and how heavily soiled they are. With that said, as a general rule of thumb, you should wash them after every use or whenever they are dirty.
Can I use bleach on my Billabong Spirit of the Sea tee?
Bleach can hurt the fabric and ruin the printed graphics on your Billabong Spirit of the Sea t-shirt, so you shouldn’t wash it with bleach. If you must, use a non-chlorine bleach solution and make sure to dilute it properly before using it on the t-shirt.
Can I put my Billabong Spirit of the Sea tee in the dryer?
Putting your Billabong t-shirt in the dryer can damage the fabric and ruin the printed graphics. Hanging them on a clothesline or laying them flat on a drying rack should be ideal.
You May Also Like
- How to wash sweaters? (Hand & Machine Wash Covered)
- How To Wash Infant Clothes In A Washing Machine?
- How to Wash Baby Blankets In Washing Machine? (step-by-step)
- How To Wash Bed Net In Washing Machine? (Easy Way)
- How do you wash LulaRoe jeans? (5 Methods Covered)
- How to Wash Kimono? (Step-by-Step)
- Can You Wash An Electric Blanket In Washing Machine?
- How to Wash and Dry a Weighted Blanket Safely?
- How to Wash Acrylic Blankets? (Complete Guide)
- How to Wash Faux Fur Blankets? (Step-by-Step)
- How to Wash an Alpaca Blanket? (Comprehensive Guide)
- How To Wash Barefoot Dreams Blanket? (Step-by-Step)
- How To Wash Minky Blankets? (Step-by-Step)
- How to Wash a Laptop Bag In Washing Machine? (Step-by-Step)
- How To Wash Gym Wear In Washing Machine?
- How To Wash Saree In Washing Machine? (Ultimate Guide)
- How to Wash Tie Dye Without Bleeding? (Safe & Effective)
- Ultimate Guide to Wash Swimsuits (Wash Swim Wear)