Not all dryer pedestals are universal. Depending on the brand, dryer pedestals can differ in size, color, height, finish, weight, and features. So, not every stand and pedestal will align with your dryer. However, there are some adjustable pedestals that can be used with multiple dryer models.
- A pedestal for the dryer is an accessory or a raised platform that elevates the dryer.
- Pedestals for clothes dryers can be made of various materials, such as wood, plastic, or metal.
- The size of the pedestals may vary depending on the brand. Therefore, it will not be right to say that it’s universal.
- Some brands do make adjustable pedestals, which can be used with multiple dryer models.
- Additionally, pedestals for dryers often include storage space for laundry supplies such as detergent and fabric softener.
What is a pedestal in a dryer?
A pedestal for a dryer is a raised platform that the dryer sits on.
This can be useful if you have a front-loading dryer and want to raise it off the ground to make loading and unloading easier.
Also, the pedestal has a lot of room for storing things like detergent, fabric softener, and lint rollers that have to do with laundry.
Are dryer pedestals universal?
While there is no such thing as a universal dryer pedestal, there are a few different styles that are widely used and supposedly compatible with a wide range of dryer models.
Even though some models are advertised as universal, in reality, they aren’t because the size and dimensions of the dryer are what matter most.
So, if you brought a 26-inch universal pedestal, but your dryer is a 27-inch model, it still wouldn’t fit.
Thus, don’t fall for the word “universal.”
The word “universal” in this context simply means that a 26-inch pedestal can accommodate dryers of almost all models that fall within that range.
Furthermore, the width and other dimensions also play a key role in determining the right size of the pedestal.
What are the common types of pedestals for dryers?
The most common type is the four-post dryer pedestal, which has four legs that support the dryer.
These pedestals are often made of metal or plastic and may have adjustable feet to level the dryer.
Other common types of dryer pedestals include six-post and eight-post pedestals.
These pedestals typically have more height options than four-post pedestals and can be made of wood or other materials.
Even though not all dryer pedestals are universal, there are a few designed to fit multiple brands of dryers.
You’ll simply need to check the dimensions of the pedestal and your dryer to make sure they are compatible.
Is it necessary to have dryer pedestals?
It is not always necessary to install a dryer pedestal, as clothes dryers typically come with four legs that can be adjusted to level the appliance.
However, if it is beneficial in your case, then you should do all the required research before installing one.
A dryer pedestal raises the dryer so that it can be loaded and unloaded more easily.
Additionally, some dryers come with adjustable legs, that can be used on a dryer pedestal.
With that said, in some cases, you may have to detach the tiny legs from the bottom to place the dryers on pedestals.
Dryer pedestals are dryer accessories that provide a variety of advantages.
From raising the unit’s height to preventing its base and offering storage in some cases, it makes a good fit for many modern households.
That being said, it is not necessary in all cases, as some dryers come with adjustable legs.
Before making your decision, be sure to weigh the pros and cons of each option to decide what is best for you and your laundry room.
Lastly, installing a pedestal can be challenging and may void the warranty on your dryer.
So, it is always recommended that you contact the manufacturer of your dryer before the installation.
You May Also Like
- Are Laundry pedestals worth it? (Explained)
- How to replace the drum rollers in a dryer?
- How do you replace the felt seal in a dryer?
- How to replace dryer drum bearing? (Easy way)
- Dryer making scraping or grinding noise? (Possible Causes)
- Why won’t the Dryer Door stay Shut?
- How to replace drum glides on dryer?
- How to replace the dryer drum?
- How to Replace the Idler Pulley in a Dryer?
- How to replace the dryer drive motor?
- How to Replace the Control Board in a Dryer?
- How to replace a dryer door latch?
- How to replace the timer in a dryer?
- How to Replace Gas Valve in a Gas Dryer?
- How to replace the flame sensor in a dryer?
- How to replace the moisture sensors in a dryer?
- How to replace the drive belt in a dryer?
- How to replace the Thermostat in a Dryer? (In-depth guide)
- How to replace a thermal fuse on a dryer?
- How To Replace a Dryer Blower Wheel?
- How To Replace Dryer Heating Element? (Step-by-Step)
- How to replace the Igniter in a Gas Dryer?