Quick Steps to clean Maytag washing machine
To clean a Maytag washing machine, run a cleaning cycle with a washing machine cleaning tablet or bleach. Next, wipe the tub, detergent dispensers, and door, then clean the outside with mild soap and a soft cloth. Also, wipe the rubber seal on front-load washers and leave the door open to air dry.
To maintain the efficiency of your washing machine, run the clean cycle at least once every month.
- The best way to clean your Maytag washer is to make use of washing machine cleaning tablets and run the clean cycle. If your washer does not have a dedicated cleaning cycle, pour some hot water into the tub, then add the cleaning tablets or vinegar, and then run a regular cycle.
- Once you’ve cleaned the washer, don’t forget to wipe the interior using a dry microfiber cloth.
- Cleaning the exterior is equally important, you can do so with a damp cloth or a towel dipped in vinegar water solution or any mild detergent.
- Cleaning your Maytag washer once every month will not only make maintain its efficiency but also prolong its life.
Table Of Content
- How often should a Maytag washer be cleaned?
- Why does the Maytag washer smell so bad?
- How to clean the Maytag washing machine?
- How to clean maytag washer agitator?
- Does baking soda damage washing machine?
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
How often should a Maytag washer be cleaned?
It’s a good idea to give your Maytag washer a little TLC every now and then.
If you’re using it frequently, it’s recommended to run a cleaning cycle once a week or every other week.
But even if you’re not using it as much, giving it a wash inside and out once a month can help keep it in tip-top shape.
Keep your washer fresh and clean, it’ll thank you in the long run.
Note: The official Maytag site recommends cleaning it every 30 cycles, but I don’t like giving longer gaps between each cleaning session, and I feel it’s best to wash every week and not wait for 30 washes.
Why does the Maytag washer smell so bad?
If your Maytag washer is smelling bad, it’s probably due to mold and mildew buildup in the washtub.
Mold and bacteria thrive in moist, warm environments, making the inside of your washer a prime target.
If you’re not cleaning your washer regularly, the mold and bacteria can start to accumulate and cause that musty smell.
The simple solution is to just give the tub a good cleaning on a monthly basis, or after every 30 wash cycles.
If your Maytag washer has a dedicated clean cycle, use that option.
How to clean the Maytag washing machine?
In order to clean your Maytag washing machine, you will need to have the following supplies handy.
- Cleaning Solution: You can use Affesh washing machine cleaner or homemade cleaners such as vinegar or baking soda.
- A Cloth: You can use a soft microfiber cloth or even a towel.
- Regular detergent: You will need a regular detergent or vinegar solution to clean the outside part of the washer.
Instructions to clean the Maytag washing machine
Step 1: Empty the washtub
The first step is to empty the washtub and make sure that there are no laundry items inside the washer.
Step 2: Add a cleaning solution
If you are using a cleaning solution such as Affresh, simply add it to the washtub.
Alternatively, you can add two cups of white vinegar or baking soda to an empty washing machine if you don’t use any washing machine cleaning tablets.
Note: If you are using a cleaning solution in the form of a tablet, do not put it into the detergent drawer; instead, add it to the washtub directly. Also, the detergent tablet works best with hot water settings.
Step 3: Select the cycle
Select the clean cycle if your washer has that option, or run an empty or normal cycle with hot water settings.
Step 4: Run the cycle
Once you have everything set, start the cycle and wait until it completes.
Step 5: Wipe inside and outside
Once the cycle is finished, wipe the inside of the washer, such as the surface of the drum, with a damp cloth to remove any lingering smell.
Do not forget to wipe down the door from the inside, along with the door seal.
Similarly, wipe the exterior of the washer, such as the outer body, door, and other reachable or visible areas, to clean the dust particles or dried liquid spills.
Step 6: Clean the detergent drawer
To clean the washing machine’s detergent dispenser, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a bowl and scrub the drawer with a toothbrush or other soft-bristled brush.
Rinse well and allow it to dry before adding detergent again.
Alternatively, you can make a paste using baking soda and water, followed by applying the paste to the drawer.
Next, scrub the drawer using a toothbrush, and then rinse it with clean water.
Step 7: Clean the drain pump filter
The first step is to locate the drain pump filter on your washer.
- In order to locate the drain pump filter, you may have to look at the user manual. The location of the drain filter may vary depending on the model of your washer.
- Grab a broad container and place it under the filter, followed by detaching the black hose and draining the water into the container.
- Remove large clumps of lint by hand and rinse the filter with water to get rid of the remaining residue.
- Reinsert the drain pump filter by turning it clockwise and making sure it’s secure.
- Tidy up by securing the drain hose back in its clip.
How to clean maytag washer agitator?
The steps to clean the agitator in a Maytag washer are similar to the steps taken to clean the washer.
This is because the solution or the tablets that you used to clean the washer are put in the drum, and the agitator is responsible for circulating the solution when you run the clean cycle or regular cycle.
As the agitator moves, it automatically gets cleaned at the same time.
Does baking soda damage washing machine?
Baking soda is a gentle and natural solution that won’t do any harm to your washing machine if used in moderate quantity and less frequently.
In fact, it can even give your machine a deep clean and leave it smelling fresh.
However, it’s always a good idea to check the manufacturer’s guidelines, just to be on the safe side.
But generally, there is no need to worry, as baking soda is a safe and effective cleaning agent for your washer.
It’s easy to clean your Maytag washer, and you don’t need any special tools or skills to do it.
You just need a washing machine cleaning tablet or a homemade cleaning solution like vinegar or baking soda and a soft cloth to get the task completed.
Long-term reliability and performance depend on how well you maintain your washer.
So, it’s recommended that you clean your washer at least once a month if you don’t use it frequently.
And if you are a moderate user, wash it once every week or once every other week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use vinegar in my Maytag washer?
Yes, you can use vinegar in your Maytag washer. Just add a cup of vinegar to the washer’s detergent dispenser and run a cleaning cycle. This can help to remove buildup and freshen the interior of the machine.
How do I deep clean my washing machine naturally?
To deep clean, your washing machine naturally, either use distilled white vinegar mixed with water and add it to the washer’s detergent dispenser or mix baking soda with water and add it to the washtub directly. Next, run the clean or empty cycle on hot water settings. Once the cycle is complete, wipe down the interior of the washer with a microfiber cloth to remove any residue.
Where do you put baking soda in a washing machine?
You can sprinkle some baking soda directly into the drum and then perform a clean cycle.
You May Also Like
- Remove the drain hose from Maytag Washing Machine Safely
- Remove the agitator from Maytag washing machine Safely
- What does 5D mean on a Maytag washer? (Is it 5D or SD?)
- Where is the fuse in Maytag top load washer located?
- How to soak clothes in Maytag top-load washing machine?
- Powerwash In Maytag Washing Machine (Explained)
- How to turn off the control lock on Maytag washing machine?
- What does LF mean on the Maytag washer? (How to fix it)
- How To level a Maytag washer? (Top load & front load washer)
- How to reset a Maytag Bravos washer?
- 3 Compartments in the washing machine drawer (Explained)