If your Maytag top-load washer features a soak cycle, then simply load your garments to the washtub and add detergent. Next, activate the soak cycle by turning the dial (knob), then set the timer knob to 15 or 30 minutes. You can choose or adjust the pre-soak time based on how soiled the clothes are.
Finally, start the cycle, and the washer will automatically fill with water and dispense detergent.
Once the water is filled to the desired level, the washer will intermittently agitate the clothes in a gentle way.
- Soaking the garments in soapy water helps to break down tough stains before washing them. This is where the soak cycle in the Maytag washer comes in handy.
- If your Maytag washer has a soak cycle, simply put your soiled clothes inside the washer and select the soak cycle turning the knob.
- the other way to soak your laundry items in your Maytag washer is to press the pause button and leave the lid closed. Once you feel that the clothes are sufficiently soaked, you can press the start button and let the washer resume its cycle.
What is a Soak cycle in a washing machine?
A soak cycle is available in some washing machine models that allows clothes to be submerged in soapy water for an extended period of time.
This specific cycle is often used for heavier, dirtier, or stained items that need extra cleaning power.
The duration of the soak cycle can range from 15 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the washer model, the soil level, the type of fabric, and the time you have set.
After the soak cycle is complete, the clothes are then agitated and washed as normal with hot or cold water, depending on the fabric type.
If your washer model includes a soak cycle and your clothes are too dirty or stained, you can soak them in your Maytag washing machine before laundering them as usual.
How to soak clothes in Maytag washing machine?
If your Maytag washer has the pre-soak or soak feature
In order to soak the clothes in your Maytag washer, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Load the clothes into the washing machine.
Step 2: Add detergent to the machine as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Step 3: Close the door of your Maytag washer.
Step 4: Choose the soak or pre-soak cycle by pressing the relevant button or turning the dial (set it to run for 10 to 15 minutes).
Step 5: Start the cycle by pressing the start button.
If your Maytag washer does not have the soak feature
If your Maytag top-load washer does not feature a soak cycle, then you can simply use the method below to accomplish the same task.
- Add your garments and detergent to your top-load washer and select the regular wash cycle.
- As soon as the washer fills with an adequate amount of water and starts the wash cycle, simply pause the cycle right there.
- Leave it to settle for about 30 minutes or more depending on how dirty the laundry is.
- Finally, resume the cycle and let the washer do its job.
When should you use the soak cycle in Maytag washer?
If your clothes are too smelly, too dirty, or heavily soiled, it is the right time to soak the garments before washing them.
Doing this will help loosen the stain-causing elements and excess dirt from the items, making it easier to further wash and clean them.
Moreover, larger items, such as large towels or sheets, that are washed after several uses should be pre-soaked before washing.
Advantages of soak cycle in Maytag washer
The soak cycle in a washing machine can offer several benefits.
Firstly, it can enhance the cleaning process by loosening tough stains and dirt, making it easier for the machine to remove them during the wash cycle, resulting in the more effective use of water, detergent, and energy.
Additionally, by using a solution of water, suitable detergent, or, vinegar, the soak cycle can also improve the whiteness and brightness of clothes, leaving them looking fresher and brighter after the wash cycle is complete.
Possible disadvantages of Soak cycle in Maytag washer
Possible drawbacks of the soak cycle in a Maytag washer include increased wash time, higher water usage, potential damage to delicate fabrics, increased risk of mold and mildew growth (if left for too long), and possible color bleeding.
It is important to weigh these factors against the benefits of the soak cycle before using it and to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to minimize the risks.
As a best practice, read the care label on your fabric to confirm the best washing cycle for your clothes.
Can you use vinegar for soaking garments?
Vinegar is a natural fabric softener and can also help remove tough stains from clothes.
To use vinegar in a washing machine, add one cup of white vinegar to the tub and pour some water.
Next, put the clothes in, followed by gently agitating with your hands so that the clothes are properly soaked.
It’s recommended to check the care label on the garment before soaking, as vinegar may not be suitable for all fabrics.
Soaking simply refers to leaving your clothes submerged in water or soapy water for an extended period of time before washing them.
If your washer has a pre-soak or soak option, you can use it to soak the clothes, or you can use a workaround, i.e., pause the wash cycle and let the clothes soak for 15 to 30 minutes. Once the clothes are sufficiently soaked, resume the wash cycle.
If you don’t like this, the other option is to soak the clothes in a bucket filled with detergent water. Next, transfer the clothes to the washer and wash them as usual.
With all that said, avoid soaking the clothes for an extended period of time, as some fabric types may fade, and even cause damage to the fibers.
Also, there is a risk of mold and mildew forming due to long-term exposure to water.
You May Also Like
- What is powerwash in Maytag washer? (How to use it?)
- How to turn off the control lock on Maytag washing machine?
- What does LF mean on the Maytag washer? (How to fix it)
- How to clean Maytag washing machine? (Comprehensive guide)
- How To level a Maytag washer? (Top load & front load washer)
- How to reset a Maytag Bravos washer?
- How to Reset a Washing Machine? (Step by Step)
- What does dE on LG washer Indicate? (Troubleshoot dE error)
- How to replace the Lid Switch in a Washing Machine?
- Why does the washing machine overfill? (Explained)
- Can you install a washing machine in a caravan?
- Can a washing machine run on solar power? (Explained)
- Can You Run A Washing Machine On A Generator?
- Should You Use A Washing Machine Cover? (Answered)
- How to replace agitator dogs in a washing machine?
- How to replace the timer switch in a Washing Machine?
- How to replace the tub seal in a top-load washing machine?
- How to replace the buzzer in a washing machine?
- What is a Portable Handy Bucket Washing Machine Device?
- How to troubleshoot a portable washing machine?