To clean the filter in a Godrej Allure washing machine, follow the below steps:
- Turn off your Godrej washer from power and make sure the washtub is empty.
- Locate the filter inside the washtub and remove it from the assembly.
- Prepare soapy water in a bowl and put the filter in it.
- Let the filter soak for about 30 minutes before your start scrubbing.
- Scrub the filter thoroughly with a toothbrush or a soft brush and rinse it with clean water.
- After you’ve finished cleaning, check to see if all of the dirt has been removed, then re-attach the filter.
- Godrej Allure is a top-load washing machine that includes a filter inside the washtub and needs regular cleaning to ensure efficient operation.
- Over time these filters clog due to dirt and detergent residues, lint accumulation, or other buildups such as mold and mildew.
- The lint filters are detachable, so you can detach the filter and clean it with the cleaning solution (both homemade as well as commercial cleaners work).
Where is the filter located in a Godrej Allure washing machine?
When it comes to Allure top-load models, the filter is usually located inside the washtub and on the wall.
It is easy to get to and can be reached by lifting or opening the top of the washer’s door lid.
This is what the actual location of the filter looks like inside the Godrej Allure top-load washer.
How to clean the Godrej Allure washer’s filter?
Allure is a popular top-load model among Godrej automatic washing machines, especially in Asian countries, including India.
These washers are quite affordable and long-lasting, making them one of the best options for a laundry room.
But you will need to clean the washing machine on a regular basis, especially the filters.
Let us look into the steps to effectively clean the filter in a Godrej Allure washing machine.
Step 1: Turn off the washer
Turn off the power to your Godrej Allure washing machine and simply unplug the power cord from the switch.
You need not disconnect water supplies, as the filter can be accessed through the door.
Make sure to empty the washtub of any load of laundry and then move to the next step.
Step 2: Locate and remove the Filter
Lift the door of your Godrej Allure washing machine and look inside the tub to locate the filter on the drum wall.
Simply tab it on the top to pull and remove the filter from the washtub.
Step 3: Clean the filter
Grab a bowl, fill it with water, and add some soap to mix it well and create soapy water.
Pour the soapy water over the filter and use a toothbrush to scrub it thoroughly.
Scrub until you notice residual buildups loosening from its surface and the tiny holes on the filter’s surface.
If the buildup is stubborn, soak the Godrej washer filter in soapy water for about 30 minutes.
Next, remove it and scrub it using the toothbrush to remove the remaining residues from the surface of the filter.
Step 4: Reinstall the filter back
After you’ve cleaned the filter well, make sure to let it soak in clean water to rinse.
Once rinsed, align it with its assembly and fix it with a gentle push.
Now that the reinstallation is done, you can plug in the washer and use a small load of laundry to run a test cycle.
What happens if you don’t clean your Godrej washer’s filter?
If you don’t clean the filter on your Godrej washer, it will get clogged up and the washer won’t work as well.
Also, your clothes will come out linty and dirty because detergent and dirt will have built up in the washtub.
Dirt and grime will also start moving toward the drain, which will clog up your Godrej washing machine’s drain system.
So, an uncleaned filter will have many negative effects on how the washing machine works as a whole.
For example, the machine may not drain or spin, which will have a big effect on how well the washer works.
Most Godrej washing machines have a built-in filter that collects hair and fabric fibers as they come off your clothes.
When it comes to Godrej Allure models, they usually have filters on the walls inside the washtub.
The filter helps keep your Godrej washer running smoothly and prevents clogs.
Therefore, to keep your washer working well, you should clean the filter regularly.
So, if you use your washing machine often, you should clean the filters at least once a month.
Cleaning the filter on this specific model is easy and does not require any special skills.
Lastly, if the filter is damaged, you can get it replaced by simply contacting the manufacturer or searching for it on online platforms. Because the filters are detachable, you should have no trouble replacing them.
You May Also Like
- How to manually drain the Godrej Eon Washing Machine?
- How to fix EE error on the Godrej washer?
- What is a Lint Filter in a washer? (10 Things you must know about it)
- How to clean Amana washing machine filter top loader? (Step by Step)
- How to Clean Kenmore Washing Machine Filter Top Loader? (The Easy Way)
- How to clean Samsung washing machine top load filter? (Easy Method)
- How To Clean LG Top Load Washing Machine Filter? (Easy Instructions)
- Samsung Washing Machine Filter Stuck? Do This Now
- Where is the drain filter on a whirlpool top load washer?
- How to clean the washing machine filter top loader?
- Where is the filter Screen on a speed queen washing machine Located?
- How to Clean a Top Load Washing Machine? (Ultimate Guide)
- How to make a washing machine cleaner? (Step by Step)
- 9 Best Washing Machine Cleaners
- How to Clean LG Washing Machine? (Step by Step)
- How to Clean Mold from Washing Machine?
- How to Clean Portable Washing Machine? (Comprehensive guide)