A Washing Machine Pulsator Cap is a part that is usually attached to the Pulsator.
Just like other components of the washer, pulsator caps are equally important.
In this article, you will learn about the pulsator cap, its function, and more.
Here’s what this article covers.
- What is a pulsator cap in a washing machine?
- What are the advantages of a pulsator cap?
- How does the Pulsator Cap get damaged?
- What to do for a stuck pulsator cap?
- How often do the pulsator caps need a replacement?
- How Much Do The Pulsator Caps Cost?
- How to Replace the pulsator cap?
- Where can I buy a replacement pulsator cap?
- What is a pulsator in a washing machine?
- Final Thoughts
What is a pulsator cap in a washing machine?
A pulsator cap is a small, round piece of plastic OR metal cover that sits on top of the pulsator in a washing machine.
The pulsator cap helps to keep the pulsator in place and prevents it from moving around.
It also helps to keep the pulsator clean and free of debris
Note: A Pulsator is a spinning disk that creates a rotating water current that helps to agitate the clothing in the washing machine. It produces agitation action during the wash cycle.
What are the advantages of a pulsator cap?
There are many benefits of a pulsator cap, here are a few of them.
- The washing machine pulsator cap can prevent clothes from getting tangled during the washing process
- It helps to evenly distribute detergent and water during the washing process
- The pulsator cap can help to reduce noise during the washing process.
- Lastly, they help to improve the overall efficiency of the washing machine.
How does the Pulsator Cap get damaged?
The Pulsator Cap is made of soft material so that it can grip the Pulsator and create a seal.
Over time, this material can become damaged or wear out, making it difficult for the Pulsator to create a seal and causing the washer to leak.
Here are some common reasons why the Pulsator Cap can become damaged:
- Washing clothing that is too heavy or bulky
- Washing clothing with sharp objects (e.g. keys, coins, etc.)
- Washing clothing with rough fabrics (e.g. denim, corduroy, etc.)
- Using too much detergent or laundry soap
- Using harsh chemicals or bleaches
- Using a washing machine that is not properly maintained
What to do for a stuck pulsator cap?
Locate and remove the cap, and clean it using a cleaning solution and a soft brush.
Rinse with clean water and fix the cap over the pulsator.
Doing this should fix the problem.
If not, you may need to replace them.
Note: Don’t forget to check the slot OR Socket where the Pulsator Cap is attached.
How often do the pulsator caps need a replacement?
As your washer gets older, the pulsator cap may need replacement.
It’s a good idea to check it every few months and replace it when necessary.
A damaged pulsator cap can cause your washing machine to spin willy-nilly.
This may result in unusual noise and vibration.
How Much Does the Pulsator Caps Cost?
Pulsator caps can range in price from $10 to $100, depending on the make and model of your washing machine.
Having said that, there are some sellers who sell them for a lower price.
You can always check online for the best deals.
Remember, this is only the cost of a cap and does not include labor costs.
How to Replace the pulsator cap?
It is an easy task to replace the pulsator cap in your washing machine.
Simply follow the below steps to replace the pulsator cap.
Step 1: The first step is to unplug the washing machine from the power outlet and turn off the water supply valves.
Step 2: Lift open the washing machine lid.
Step 3: Locate the pulsator at the bottom of the tub. The pulsator cap should be located on top of the pulsator.
Note: You may refer to the user manual of your washer model to locate the device.
Step 4: Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the old pulsator cap off of the pulsator.
In some washers, you may be able to open them through a gentle twist using your fingers.
Step 5: Now place the new pulsator cap on top of the pulsator.
Step 6: Close the washing machine lid.
Step 7: Plug the washing machine back into the power outlet and turn on the water supply valves.
You are all set to continue with your regular laundry.
Where can I buy a replacement pulsator cap?
One of the common platforms to buy a replacement part is online.
You may also get a replacement part from the manufacturer or part supply store.
Make sure to keep your model number or part number of the washer handy.
Note: In most cases, you can find the model number on stickers that are stuck on the washing machine.
What is a pulsator in a washing machine?
A pulsator is a device in a washing machine that helps to agitate the clothes during the wash cycle.
It creates a rotating motion that helps to loosen and remove dirt and stains and is usually located at the bottom of the wash tub.
It’s the pulsator that creates a back-and-forth motion, while the drum spins around in a circle.
This combination of back and forth movement helps to loosen dirt and grime from clothing.
Also Read: Difference between Pulsator and Tumble wash
A pulsator cap is an essential piece of the washing machine.
It helps to distribute the water and detergent throughout the clothes.
It is usually located at the top of the pulsator.
If you’re not sure, check your washer’s user manual for more information.
Replacing the pulsator cap is easy and anyone can do this.
Just be careful while removing the old one as you can easily damage the slot.
You May Also Like
- What is a Washing Machine Standpipe? (Explained)
- What is Extra Rinse in Washing Machine?
- What is a Smart Washer and Dryer? (Explained)
- What is IE Error in LG Washing Machine? (And Solutions)
- What Is Rinse And Spin In LG Washing Machine?
- What is Limescale in the washing machine?
- What is a Lint Filter in Washer? (10 Things you must know)
- What is Soil Level in Washing Machine?
- What Is RPM in Washing Machine? (13 Things to know)