The “dE” error code in the LG washing machine indicates that the door is not closed properly. This can happen if the door wasn’t locked properly, is left open, or has several underlying causes related to the door. In most cases, pressing the washing machine’s reset button will fix the problem.
- dE error comes up when the door is not locked or closed properly.
- Resetting the washer usually fixes such issues if there are no underlying causes such as a faulty door switch, door lock, or other internal components.
- Overloading the washer will make it harder to close the door, and can cause a dE error.
- Fixing a dE error may require the help of a professional if there are more complicated issues at play.
How to fix dE error code in the LG washing machine?
The “dE” error code can be triggered due to several factors.
However, the good news is that most of these problems are easy to fix.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the basic solutions that you can try to fix the dE error code on your LG washing machine.
Check if the washer is overloaded
Overloading the washer can make it harder to close the door, and can cause a dE error.
Try removing some clothes and balancing the load to see if that solves the problem.
The door is not closing properly
Ensure that there is nothing blocking the door from closing and that the door is fully closed.
Once you are sure that the door is closed properly and you still get the dE error code, try resetting the washer.
Reset the washer
As a first genuine troubleshooting step, you can try unplugging the washer from the power outlet for 30 seconds and replug it back in.
This will reset the washer and may fix the dE error code.
If this does not help, try following the below steps to reset the LG washer and get rid of the dE error.
- Press the power button to turn off the washer.
- Next, remove the power cord from the power socket in the wall.
- Now, press the start button for approx. 10 seconds and connect the power cable to the power socket.
- Switch on the power button located on the power socket, and press the start button to turn on the washer.
- Test the door by opening and closing it and see if it closes properly.
- Run a test cycle to see if the dE error is gone.
Lint build-up around the washer door
Lint can build up around the washer door, preventing it from closing properly.
To fix this, you will need to clean the area around the door.
Check if there is anything blocking the path of the washer door
Make sure that there is nothing blocking the path of the washer door.
This includes clothes, detergent sachets, and anything else that may be in the way.
LG washing machine DE error code causes & solutions (due to problematic parts)
As with most appliances, the LG washing machine has a few error codes that can pop up from time to time.
So, if the dE error does not go away even after trying the basic steps mentioned above, then it is likely that there is a problem with one of the internal components.
Here are some of the most common parts that can cause a dE error:
The door sensor is defective
The door sensor tells the washer whether the door is open or closed.
If this switch is defective, it can cause a dE error.
To fix this, you may need to replace the door sensor.
Faulty wires will not be able to send the correct signal to the washer, causing a dE error.
In this case, you will need to replace the wiring harness.
Be sure to test the wiring harness first before deciding to replace it.
You can do so by unplugging the washer, checking the wires for any breaks or damage, and using a multimeter wherever applicable.
The door lock is defective
A faulty door lock will not allow the door to close properly, causing a dE error.
To fix this, you will need to replace the door lock.
Replacing the door lock is the only way to fix this problem.
The Control board is defective
The control board is responsible for sending signals to the various components of the washer.
If it is defective, it won’t be able to send the right signals, which can cause a dE error.
You will either need to repair the control panel board by soldering the broken connection or replacing the entire control board.
Problematic door hinges
If the hinges of the washer door are bent or damaged, it can cause the door to not close properly and trigger a dE error.
Bent or damaged door hinges also affects the alignment of the door, making it harder to close.
In this case, you will need to replace the door hinges.
Problematic signal magnets
Most modern-day washing machines use magnets to signal if the door is closed or open.
If these magnets are damaged or come out of their slot, it can cause a dE error.
In most cases, these magnets are located at the front of the door.
To fix this, you will need to reattach or replace the magnets so that the signaling can be restored.
The door seal helps to create a water-tight fitting between the tub and the door.
If it is damaged or defective, it will not only cause water to leak out but also trigger a dE error due to poor door fitting.
Replacing the door seal is easy and cheaper as compared to other components.
So, simply replace the door seal to fix the dE error.
In most cases, the dE error code is not a huge cause for concern as it tends to go away with a reset or by performing simple troubleshooting steps.
However, in some cases, you may need to check if there is something blocking the path of the door or if there is a problem with any of the internal components.
Always start by cleaning the areas around the door lock and reducing the load to see if that helps.
Also, while cleaning, check if you can find any signs of wear and tear near the door areas.
If the error persists, try checking the door lock, door sensor, and other parts for any damage.
If you are still not able to fix the problem, it is best to call a technician as they will be able to properly diagnose and fix the issue.
You May Also Like
- What is IE Error in LG Washing Machine? (And Solutions)
- Why is the LG washer making a loud grinding noise?
- What is a Steam Wash In LG washing Machine?
- What is the Allergiene cycle in an LG washer? (Explained)
- Why Does The LG Washer Leak From The Door? (Solved)
- Are the LG Washing Machine Doors Reversible?
- What setting to wash bed sheets in the LG washing machine?
- LG Washing Machine Won’t Turn on? Do this
- How to get the LG Washer To Only Spin?
- 11 Common LG Error Codes and Solutions
- What Is Rinse And Spin In LG Washing Machine?
- How To Clean LG Top Load Washing Machine Filter? (Easy Instructions)
- How to Clean LG Washing Machine? (Step by Step)
- Does LG make portable washing machines?