Fresh Care is a feature found on some LG washing machines that gently tumbles the clothes after the wash cycle has ended, keeping them fresh. So, once you activate the fresh care feature, the machine will complete the wash cycle as usual; however, it won’t stop after that and will keep tumbling the clothes at regular intervals for up to 19 hours.
- The fresh care feature is a special feature that keeps your clothes fresh by gently tumbling the clothes at regular intervals even after the wash cycle has ended.
- This feature comes in handy if you don’t have time to take the clothes out immediately after the wash cycle completes.
- To activate this feature, you simply need to press and hold the Fresh Care or steam button for just 3 seconds before you start the wash cycle.
How does the fresh care cycle work?
Once you activate the “fresh care” function in your washing machine, it will let the washer complete the existing wash program as usual.
After the cycle ends, the “fresh care” function gets activated and tumbles your garments at regular intervals and will continue to tumble for up to 19 hours.
Because of this feature, the clothes won’t stick together if they sit around for a long time. This means that the clothes will stay fresh and won’t smell bad.
How to activate the Fresh Care cycle?
To activate the Fresh Care feature, you will need to press and hold the Steam/Fresh Care button for up to 3 seconds.
Doing this will activate the fresh care feature, and you will see a light flashing next to this particular option.
Finally, you can select the desired wash cycle according to the type of load.
Can you cancel the fresh care function before it ends?
Yes, you can cancel the “fresh care” function as soon as you are available to unload the laundry from the washer and before its usual end time.
To cancel the Fresh Care cycle on your LG washing machine, follow these steps:
- Press the “Start/Pause” button or power button on the control panel.
- If the machine is still in the Fresh Care cycle, it will stop tumbling and the clothes can be removed.
Benefits of fresh care feature in LG washer
Keeps Clothes Fresh
The fresh care feature allows you to leave your clothes in the washer for longer after the cycle completes.
It makes sure your clothes tumble periodically, even after the existing wash cycle ends.
Prevents Odor and wrinkle
The intermittent tumbling action prevents the clothes from developing a foul odor due to prolonged exposure to moisture.
Additionally, it helps prevent stubborn wrinkles and creases on garments that may become difficult to work on later.
Also, it prevents the musty smell from coming from the washer itself.
Peace of mind
It gives you peace of mind in case you are stuck with something and away from the machine after setting it to function.
For example, if you want to wash a particular load of laundry and at the same time you want to attend a meeting or a function, you simply turn on the fresh care feature.
Likewise, it is also possible that you will be unavailable for a longer period of time to remove clothes from the washer after the wash cycle is finished.
If you forget to unload the wet garments from a conventional washing machine or one without a fresh care feature for an extended period of time after the cycle has concluded, you may encounter a number of issues.
Are there any disadvantages to the LG Fresh Care feature?
The Fresh Care feature on an LG washing machine can lead to increased energy consumption due to the requirement of electricity to keep the drum tumbling.
Additionally, the tumbling action during the Fresh Care cycle can amplify the wear and tear on the washing machine, potentially reducing its lifespan.
Another possible drawback could be that you cannot be dependent on or rely on this feature as you walk away, especially if you stay in a location prone to frequent power cuts.
However, in the event of a power cut if you have a backup for the washer then it won’t be a drawback for you.
Also, when it comes to delicates, you shouldn’t let them sit around for too long, especially after they’ve been washed, and you shouldn’t let them tumble around for too long either.
What happens if you leave damp clothes in the washer?
Leaving wet or damp clothes in the washing machine for longer can cause mold and mildew to form on the clothing as well as on the inside of the machine.
What’s more, it can also increase the chances of bacteria growth, which can be transferred to future loads of laundry, leading to a more significant potential for developing skin and respiratory infections.
Also, the moisture from wet clothes can cause rusting issues in the washing machine.
So, it is important to remove clothes as soon as the wash cycle ends.
Alternatively, you should use the stain care function if available so that it tumbles your garments periodically and gives you more time to reach your laundry room.
The fresh care function in an LG washer should be used when you are unable to unload the clothes as soon as the wash cycle ends.
It keeps tumbling the clothes periodically to prevent wrinkles and reduce the chances of your garments turning musty in a damp state.
That being said, use this feature carefully and only when you need to, because it could affect your energy bills.
Lastly, remember that not all LG washing machines are made the same; therefore, not all LG washers will have this feature.
So, if you are considering buying an LG washer, make sure to do your research to check if the model you are interested in has this feature or not.
You May Also Like
- What is a Twin wash in an LG washing machine?
- What is an OE error in LG washing machines? (Explained)
- What is tCL in an LG washing machine?
- What does dE on LG washer Indicate? (Troubleshoot dE error)
- What is a Steam Wash In LG washing Machine?
- What is the Allergiene cycle in an LG washer? (Explained)
- Why Does The LG Washer Leak From The Door? (Solved)
- Are the LG Washing Machine Doors Reversible?
- What setting to wash bed sheets in the LG washing machine?
- LG Washing Machine Won’t Turn on? Do this
- How to get the LG Washer To Only Spin?
- 11 Common LG Washing Machine Error Codes and Solutions
- What is IE Error in LG Washing Machine? (And Solutions)
- Why is the LG washer making a loud grinding noise?
- What Is Rinse And Spin In LG Washing Machine?
- How To Clean LG Top Load Washing Machine Filter? (Easy Instructions)
- How to Clean LG Washing Machine? (Step by Step)
- Does LG make portable washing machines?
- How to fix D90 error code in LG dryer?
- How to reset an LG dryer? (3 ways to reset)