A ceramic heater in a Samsung washing machine is a type of heating element that is coated with a dual ceramic layer, providing protection against the buildup of hard water scale deposits. It not only uses less energy than other types of heaters but also has quick heating capabilities, which results in faster water heating.
Conventional washing machine heaters or heating elements are typically made of stainless steel and are built to last.
However, they tend to consume more electricity, may attract calcium buildup over time, and require routine maintenance.
- Ceramic heaters heat in a quick time compared to traditional heaters, thus resulting in reduced power consumption.
- These heaters have a dual ceramic layer that prevents the accumulation of calcium deposits, which is a common issue with traditional heaters.
- Samsung washers with ceramic heaters are a little bit on the expensive side when compared to washers with standard heaters.
- Ceramic heaters tend to last longer than standard heaters as they are three times more durable.
What is a heating element in washing machines?
A heating element, also known as a heater, in a washing machine is an electrical component that is responsible for heating the water used during a wash cycle.
It is typically located inside the washing machine and is activated by a thermostat or a temperature sensor.
The heating element is usually made of metal and has a resistance wire that heats up when an electrical current passes through it, transferring the heat to the water.
It is typically made of a material that is resistant to high temperatures and corrosion, such as a steel tube that is coiled to form a helix.
In some cases, the steel tube is covered with a thin layer of copper that helps to transfer heat from the steel tube to the water inside the washing machine.
A properly functioning heating element is crucial for effective cleaning as it ensures that the water reaches the desired temperature for washing and rinsing.
The higher the setting on the washing machine, the hotter the water will be with the help of the built-in heater.
What are the benefits of ceramic heaters in Samsung washing machines?
Samsung’s ceramic-coated heater is a powerful and efficient heating system that comes with a range of benefits.
Here are some of the noticeable benefits of a double ceramic-coated heater:
Prevents calcium build-ups
Ceramic heaters in Samsung washing machines prevent calcium compound buildups in the long run.
This simply helps you save on your energy bills month by month.
Furthermore, if you live in an area that supplies hard water, it may lead to limescale buildups on the heating element over time.
This is where ceramic heaters come in handy, as they prevent limescale buildup and make your washer more efficient.
Ceramic heaters last longer because they don’t have any exposed metal parts that can corrode.
The double ceramic coating of the ceramic heater in Samsung washers enhances the durability of the heater and the washing machine, making them less susceptible to damage from scale build-up and other wear and tear.
No special treatment is needed for cleaning
Due to buildups of calcium and limescale around the heaters, your machine requires specially formulated detergents or solutions to dissolve them during the wash.
However, ceramic heaters do not require any special treatment, unlike conventional heaters.
Ceramic heaters tend to generate heat quicker than regular heating elements, thus saving time and energy.
In conclusion, a ceramic heater is a type of heating element found in Samsung washing machines that is coated with a layer of ceramic material to prevent hard water scale build-up.
Compared to conventional heaters, ceramic heaters offer several advantages that make them a popular choice.
One of the key benefits of ceramic heaters is their energy efficiency, which allows them to heat water faster while using less electricity, resulting in lower electricity bills.
They also last longer and have a quick heating ability, which can save time during the wash cycle.
That being said, the cost of washers and ceramic heaters is slightly on the higher side.
Therefore, you will need to do a cost-benefit analysis to determine if investing in ceramic heaters is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all washing machines have a built-in heater?
No, not all washing machines include a built-in heater, instead, some washer models may have a separate supply line for hot water.
Can I replace the regular heater with ceramic?
The ceramic heaters are designed as per the washing machine model and type. To get accurate information, simply contact the manufacturer of your washing machine and keep the model number of your washer handy. That being said, you may not be able to replace the regular heater with a ceramic one as there may be certain compatibility issues between the two.
You May Also Like
- What is Delay End feature in a Samsung washing machine?
- What is an AC6 error in a Samsung washer? (How to fix it?)
- What does cl mean in a Samsung washer? (Explained)
- What is VRT Plus in Samsung Washing Machine?
- What is Ecobubble in Samsung Washing Machine?
- How to run a diagnostic on Samsung washing machine?
- How to reset Samsung washing machine? (step-by-step)
- Drain water from Samsung washing machine top load
- How to fix Ub error code in Samsung washing machines?
- How to fix the HC error code in a Samsung dryer?
- Samsung Washing Machine Error Codes & Solution
- How to fix the 4c error in the Samsung washing machine?
- Samsung Washing Machine Filter Stuck? Do This Now
- How to clean Samsung washing machine top load filter? (Easy Method)
- Samsung washing machine buttons not working? (Here’s why)
- Why is the Samsung Washing machine not starting?
- What is the H2O supply error on the GE washer?
- Where is the fuse in Maytag top load washer located?
- How to drain an LG washer? (Includes force draining)
- Amana washer banging during spin cycle? (Causes & Solutions)