In this article, we will discuss about the most commonly rented appliances in the United States i.e. the washing machine.
There could be many reasons why people choose to rent a washing machine instead of buying one outright.
Let us take a look at some of the most popular reasons why people opt for a rental washing machine.
We will also discuss, how it can actually be a more convenient option than owning a machine.
What do you mean by renting a washing machine?
When you “rent” a washing machine, you are essentially paying to use someone else’s machine for a set period of time. Here you enter into an agreement where terms are set by the washing machine rental service provider in most cases.
There are several companies that offer washing machine rentals, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.
There are a few things to keep in mind when renting a washing machine, though.
- Before making a choice, make sure to check rental costs and features. Once you’ve found the perfect machine, simply arrange for delivery and set it up according to the instructions.
- Be sure to maintain the machine by regularly cleaning them if you don’t want to be in trouble for breaking any terms set in the agreement.
- Be respectful of other people’s property and don’t damage the machine.
- Make sure you understand the rental agreement before you sign anything.
If you follow these simple guidelines, renting a washing machine can be a great way to get your laundry done without any hassle.
You’ll also be able to enjoy the convenience of having your own washing machine without having to worry about ownership costs.
Why do you rent a washing machine?
There may be numerous reasons or situations that may force you to rent a washer.
Let us look into a few common reasons listed below.
When you are in a situation where you cannot bear the entire cost of the machine at once, renting becomes another option.
If you have moved to a rented apartment on a temporary basis and there is no washing machine facility you may choose to rent a washer.
If the apartment does not facilitate laundry services then you may look for a rental service.
When your existing washer breaks down
If your existing washer breaks down you may want to wait until you buy another unit OR fix the current one.
To fulfill your current laundry needs you may want to rent a washing machine for time being while your existing washer is being fixed.
To learn the basics
Maybe you want to know about the basics of a washing machine.
A lot of time many individuals rent specific models of washers before finalizing the buying decision.
Renting allows you to understand the “in and out” of the washer, thereby helping you to make an informed decision before you buy the same model.
Expensive Laundromat services
If the laundromat services are too expensive in your area and you need to achieve regular laundry, you may explore the renting option.
Just calculate how much you spend on a laundromat every month versus how much you will be spending by renting a washer.
With that said, when you rent a washer, you are likely to spend extra on electricity bills and water.
So, make sure you include these factors while calculating the expenses for laundry.
Whatever the reason, renting a washing machine can be a convenient and affordable solution as it gives you the flexibility to switch your washer once the agreement tenure is over.
How to choose a washer for rental?
There are different types of washing machines and it can be challenging to decide which one to rent.
Here is a rundown of the most popular types of washing machines along with tips to choose the right type of washer.
Top-loading Washing Machines
These are the most common type of washers and they are affordable as well as easy to use.
However, they can be less energy-efficient than other types of washing machines and may not have as many features as standard front-loaders.
Front-loading Washing Machines
Renting a front-loading washer may be more expensive than top-loading models, but they are more energy-efficient and often include added features.
They can be a good renting choice for people who want to save money on their energy bills.
Smaller Portable Washing Machines
Small-sized portable washing machines appear compact, so they’re ideal for renting if you live in small spaces or don’t have a lot of storage space.
Key Factors to Look at
Now that you know about the types of washers available in the market for rental, let’s take a quick look at the key factors that you should look for before renting a washer.
To rent the right washing machine, you need to consider its capacity.
The capacity depends on your regular laundry requirements.
If you do a lot of laundry then simply rent a large capacity washer.
Likewise, for smaller laundry loads you may choose a small-sized washer.
Make sure to choose a washer that offers affordable monthly rentals.
Again, you may need to do a cost-benefit analysis here i.e. the amount you are paying monthly against the features and the load that the washer is able to handle.
Discuss any hidden charges involved in the rental terms.
You can include servicing or repair packages in the agreement copy if the rental company agrees to do so.
If not then simply use the washer with care.
Where do you rent a washer from?
Renting a washer can be very convenient in most cases.
You can either rent a washer through a rental company or through your local appliance store. You can also find a variety of options available online.
Rental companies typically have a wider selection of machines to choose from, and they may be able to deliver the washing machine to your home.
Renting from a local appliance store may be more convenient, as you can pick up the machine and bring it home without waiting. Likewise, it is easier to return.
Advantages of Renting a Washing Machine
There are several benefits to renting a washing machine instead of buying one.
- Before making the decision to buy one for yourself, you can test out various models. This way, you can find the perfect washer for your needs.
- It helps you to overcome your laundry challenges with ease and with affordability.
- Most washer rental companies offer packages that include servicing costs. In case of any breakdowns, you may find yourself covered under the package.
- You may be entitled for claiming the warranty in case of a breakdown. You may have to discuss the warranty terms with the rental company.
- It is more cost-effective in the long run to rent a machine than to buy one if you have a small family OR if you are an individual staying alone.
Disadvantages of Renting a Washing Machine
There are a few disadvantages to renting a washing machine that you should be aware of.
- You may have to pay a security deposit before they land in your laundry room.
- You will have to pay a monthly fee for the machine which can add up over time.
- If there is no package offered to cover repairs or services in the event of damage or breakdown, then you will be responsible for fixing it at your own expense.
- Even if you want to hire or rent a washing machine for a week, you may have to pay the monthly rental charges.
- Some rental companies may not pay additional charges. You may have to handle the shipping cost and installation, hence always verify the terms and conditions before you get into an agreement.
There are many reasons to rent a washing machine instead of purchasing one for yourself. It can be more cost effective for most people in the long run if you get into the right agreement.
Additionally, it can be a great way to get your hands on different models and brands before owning one for your laundry room.
In most cases, you don’t have to worry about the costs of servicing and repairs (This depends on the Terms & Conditions of a renting company).
Do not hurry to choose a washer for rental purposes. Before deciding on the renting option, it’s always a good idea to do a cost-benefit analysis.
If the cost of owning the washer overpowers the cost of renting a washer, then it’s better to stick to a rented washer and enjoy all the modern features. Likewise, if renting is costly, simply get a suitable washer for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions related to renting a washer.
How much is the rental cost of a washing machine?
The cost of renting a washing machine totally depends on the type and size of the machine you choose. However, on average, you can expect to pay around $30 a month for basic models. You can simply search online for a local dealer and discuss your options and the costs involved.
How long can I rent a washing machine for?
There may be no set time limit on how long you can rent a washing machine. However, most washer rental companies may require you to sign a contract agreeing to rent them for at least 6 months.
What are the benefits of renting a washing machine?
There may be several benefits of renting a washing machine. Some of the benefits include the fact that you do not have to worry about maintenance or repairs. Additionally, renting a machine can be more economical than buying one.
Can I replace the rented washer with another type?
If the existing washer does not fulfill your laundry needs, you may simply reach out to the vendors. They will be able to help you with the replacement and you may be required to sign another agreement.
You May Also Like
- Why are washing machines so heavy? (Explained)
- Why Does the Washer Turn Off Automatically?
- Why Does the Washing Machine Beep?
- Why do Korean Homes come with Washers but not Dryers?
- What Is A Laundromat? (Explained)
- What is Pulsator Roller in a Washing Machine?
- What is a Washing Machine Clutch? (Explained)
- What is NFC in a washing machine? (Explained)
- What is Diamond Drum technology in Washing Machine?
- What is Extra Rinse in Washing Machine?
- What is a Smart Washer and Dryer? (Explained)